Monday, January 16, 2012

With a happy heart

Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. I was afraid that wanting would lead to trying, and trying would lead to failure. Two years ago, I made the decision to leave home, I wanted so much and needed to act on it. Two years ago I joined the United States Navy, and now I've come to realize that I want so much more.

I want to visit Europe regularly.
I want to get invited to the White House.
I want a condo in New York.
I want to win, and be humble.
I want to loose, and contain my composure.
I want the world for my family, and I want them to want it too.
I want so much, but ultimately I want opportunity.

Being in the Navy has taught me plenty, but most of all I think I've learned that the opportunity is out there; the only factor is how much do I want it. With a happy heart, and a serene spirit you can see through almost anything. It's almost like backing up, and looking at the whole picture. Even the blurry parts. It's not wrong to know what you want, and it's not wrong to know that you may not get it. It's only wrong when you sell yourself short, and only settle for whats expected. I guess all I'm trying to say is, I've given myself a pretty good start, and all I really want is an interesting and surprising life that I can look back on and smile. Not just for me, but for my family and friends that I love dearly. For people that I don't know that have dreams, and for the people I do that are afraid to want, to try and to fail. Everyone deserves at least the opportunity, with a happy heart..