Sunday, February 26, 2012

Now and Then

You know what?  I loved being a teenager. I had so much fun being stupid and young and dramatic and obnoxious. I remember just driving around throwing water balloons at people at the strip mall with my little brother. I think it's important to be all of those things at one point. So I guess I won't go apeshit on the loud teens that sit in front of me in the movie theater. It's just there turn to be hoodlums. Right? I wouldn't say I've grown up, completely anyways. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've got almost too much growing up to do, but being in the military has taught me to fend for myself.
It's funny though, how many people I've been over the past 7 years. I mean do I even need to hack into my old myspace to show you pictures? High school me would have probably thrown eggs at military me's car. So obnoxiously loud and reckless. Too reckless almost, no such thing as sleep, when now my world pretty much revolves around "nap time". I was apart of our "local scene" (sold merch for a local band consisting of all my closest friends at the time), spent all my money on shows, and wore band tee's religiously. Boy, those were the day.
I'm glad I was that person, because those times were the clay that molded me into the lady I am today. Now, I'm all about being productive. I honest to God feel guilty if I feel like I didn't do enough during the day. Wake up early, get things done, then "fun" time. I'm in the military (NAVY) so I'm on the clock 24/7, and on my down time there is ALWAY something that needs to be done. You're not an adult if you do not agree. I work out everyday in order to maintain my Beyonce figure. Then we have duty, which is completely inconvenient and time consuming. Not too much time for relaxation, and it's exhausting. Like dropping the toast jelly side down exhausting. But when I do find the time, oh how glorious. I spend a lot of time ( and money) drawing. I'm not all that good honestly, but it's a great way to pass the time, for me anyways. I'm a damn girl, I love to shop, so I do just that...way too much? Listening to and finding new music is always fun. Really been into The Black Keys, Kanye West, and Kimbra lately. Also got Eisley's new EP Deep Space, it's nothing short than amazing. 
Anyways, so I thought long and hard and decided if I, military Diamond were to ask high school Diamond just one question it would be "hey kiddo, uhmmm real quick, where in the damn do you get all  of that energy?" Then I'd tell her she was rad, and warn her that Taking Back Sunday will someday disappoint her. 


I think I'm where I want to be in life, right now. Well I just need to find some of that Ice loves CoCo love, or i'll just end up like Kimmy Kardashian. Sympathize with us.

now: eating a bowl of cinnamon toast & new found glory playlist is on shuffle.